Wheelchair Lithium Battery
Electric wheelchair batteries are mainly used in the field of medical equipment. As the power of the main drive equipment, using battery power can provide strong power and minimize noise.
Compared with traditional lead-acid batteries, lithium batteries are generally lighter, have higher capacity, and provide longer use time at the same capacity. This makes the power wheelchair more portable, easier to operate and requires less maintenance. Why do we recommend you upgrade your battery from lead-acid to lithium-ion? Here are some objective factors for your reference:
- Relatively lightweight. Lithium batteries are lighter than traditional lead-acid batteries, making electric wheelchairs easier to carry and operate. Users don’t have to worry about the weight of the battery adding to the overall burden of the wheelchair.
- High energy density, usually made of 18650 or 32650, with high energy density, which means it can be used for a longer time in a relatively small size, extending the endurance of the electric wheelchair.
- Higher charging efficiency, plug and play. The charging power of 1C-3C can meet the needs of fast charging within 1 hour or even half an hour.
- Longer life, Wheelchair Lithium Battery is generally 3-5 times longer than lead-acid batteries under the same conditions
- Low self-discharge. According to statistics, the self-discharge of lead-acid batteries is generally 15%-30%, while the self-discharge of lithium forklift batteries is generally less than 3%.
- More environmentally friendly, because the production technology of lithium batteries can manufacture battery packs without metal harmful substances, which is more environmentally friendly.
- Built-in BMS strictly manages battery power to avoid overcharge/over-discharge. The internal active balancing can also balance the slight voltage difference in daily use.